By Lori Hanson
In my previous blog we discussed the link from antibiotics to Candida (yeast) overgrowth. Here is a list of symptoms that are commonly linked to Candida overgrowth. Review the list carefully and see what things you may have experienced.
Some of the symptoms caused by Candida albicans are:
- Feeling lousy all over, even after having had many treatments
- Cause of rotten feeling can’t be identified
- Person has had repeated courses of antibiotics
- Subconscious preference for foods made with yeast — bread, beer, wine, alcohol, and certain cheeses
- Craving for sweets and other sugar-containing edibles
- Insistent desire for refined simple carbohydrates — candy, chocolate, cake, cookies, soda pop, junk foods
- Discovery that sweets and simple carbohydrates give a quick pick-up followed by a letdown
- Low blood sugar
- Usually high preference for alcoholic beverages
- Abdominal pain, vaginal infections, PMS, menstrual irregularities, discomfort during sex, loss of libido and/or impotence
- Athlete’s foot, jock itch, fungus infection of finger and/or toenails, fungus infection of skin
- Feel more tired on damp days or in moldy places such as basements, cellars or working in garden
- Discomfort in proximity of smoke, chemicals and/or perfumes
- Low Libido
- Allergic reactions
- Gastrointestinal problems: bloating and gas, diarrhea, abdominal pain, gastritis, gastric ulcers, constipation, and many others
- Respiratory system: sore throat, sore mouth, contribution to sinus infections, bronchial infections and pneumonia
- Cardiovascular system. palpitations, rapid pulse rate, pounding heart
- Genitourinary system: vaginitis, frequent urination, lack of bladder control, itchy rashes, etc.
- Musculoskeletal system: muscle weakness, leg pains, muscle stiffness, slow coordination, and so on
- Central Nervous system: Headaches, poor brain function, poor short-term memory, fuzzy thinking and so on
- Fatigue is extremely common as impaired metabolism doesn’t enable the body to get enough fuel and impaired enzyme functioning inhibits energy production
- Weight gain is common
- Usage of birth control pills
- Usage of corticosteroids or other anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive drugs
- Multiple pregnancies
Source, The Art of Getting Well, Candidiasis
It’s a long list! And many individuals that have Candida overgrowth don’t even know it. This isn’t well know or addressed in western medicine. I have a friend who is a Naturopath that shared with me that typically onely one of every forty people she sees doesn’t have Candida overgrowth. This is what the American diet has done to our bodies and it is having a profound affect on our health.
How do I Get Help?
The first step in dealing with Candida overgrowth is to work with someone knowledgeable that can help you.
Second is making the decision that you will adopt a lifestyle change to improve your health.
Third is following a protocol that combines the Candida Nutrition plan in combination with supplements that focus on killing off the overgrowth. The time it takes for this to happen is linked to the amount of time you’ve had the overgrowth.
Fourth is understanding that it is a process, it is doable and understanding that the rewards and improvement in your health are incredible.
If you’re ready to put this behind you and adopt a healthy lifestyle that will allow you to do everything you wan to in life. Contact us today. We’ll help you reach where you want to go.